Tuesday, August 16, 2011

sticking my head in the sand

figuratively of course.  because if i meant that literally i would get sand up my nose and i can only imagine that is far worse than water sprinkled on my face...which i hate. 

but i digress.  but not really.  this is the way it has been around here.  flexible, free, wandering, spontaneous.  but now schedules are looming so it is time to pull my figurative head out of the figurative sand.

but before i do, let me tell you about our last lil' bit of summer fun.

it all started on a ferry ride from anacortes to friday harbor.


it kinda blows your hair back, this fun we are having.
i take shots from the sitting position because if you tilt me even a little bit this way or a little bit that way i try to reintroduce you to my lunch...
a short drive to lakeside resorts. our campsite was perfection.
goofy, lakeside, tree-filled, internet and cell reception free perfection.
look at that tent! so cute! and it only takes 38 minutes to set up.  guess whose idea it was to time it?
tony made mouthwatering fish tacos, biscuits and bacon, loaded baked potatoes, oatmeal and fried potatoes all right here over the hickory.  he is so outdoorsy and survivalistish.

mmm bacon.  and roasted marshmallows of course.
we woke up to less than graceful geese landing on this scene.  actually, we woke up several times throughout the night to the booming right-winged voice of the guy who will forever be known as jeff's dad. 
after some kayaking (pictures to come) and a few road-side and overboard barfing stops we visited a lighthouse.
we saw some wildlife.  exactly what i can't tell you.  you know, there was the heaving and then there was the fact that whatever was swimming was way the heck out there.


that nut didn't fall far from the tree.
more wildlife that i couldn't see.
i love this man.  he had me laughing so hard that i pe---nevermind.  he make me laugh.  enough said.
and he is hot too.

i wish we could live like this forever.  stupid schedules and money and education and responsibility. 

1 comment:

Monique said...

I love your posts. It makes me feel like I don't miss anything. I'm still trying to get to you :) Summer has flown by! Miss you all.

Monique